Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] No data from BME280  

RSS

joe_sullivan
(@joe_sullivan)
Eminent Member
June 19, 2020 2:46 pm  

I have been using BME280 sensors to read temperature and humidity, but seemed to be having trouble maintaining a solid connection between my RPi and the sensors. I initially just had the sensors attached to a breadboard with header pins (unsoldered), but after learning that was bad practice I soldered the header pins to the BME280 module. Now, I am able to detect the sensors from the RPi command line using the commands "i2cdetect -y 1" and "i2cdetect -y 3" respectively, but Mycodo doesn't seem to detect a sensor or any incoming data. What could be the issue? I am worried that, as a soldering novice, I accidentally damaged the sensor modules while soldering.

joe_sullivan
(@joe_sullivan)
Eminent Member
June 19, 2020 6:06 pm  

I tried reading the sensor using a Python script outside of Mycodo, and got expected values for temperature and humidity, so my concern about soldering was wrong; this appears to be a software issue. I have configured my Mycodo to upgrade to master, but I'm a few versions behind current (current is 8.5.4, mine is 8.4.0). I will try upgrading.

ReplyQuote
joe_sullivan
(@joe_sullivan)
Eminent Member
June 19, 2020 6:21 pm  

Everything is working after I updated; I will mark this as solved!

ReplyQuote